Find suggested professional readings and useful websites to develop your knowledge and skills in teaching reading and supporting students with complex reading difficulties.
This section has information on strategies to support students in the early and middle years as well as professional development such as online lerning courses and evidence based practice these are accessible via the menu.
Response to intervention
- Introduction to response to intervention (PDF 80KB)
- Response to intervention
- Learning Difficulties Australia - Response to intervention
Planning and programming
- Choosing effective programs - MUSEC briefing (PDF 75KB)
- From the International Reading Association Evidence based practice (PDF 90KB)
- Explicit instruction - MUSEC briefing (PDF 84KB)
- Explicit instruction - NCAC (PDF 104KB)
- Knowing what works - MUSEC briefing (PDF 79KB)